Best Earphone in 2020
Best Earphone so it would make a lot of sense to cover products like gaming headphones, or earphones.
But there’s a reason I try to keep the two separated, because ‘gaming’ and ‘audiophile’ gear have a very different approach to designing products.
Now a request that I have been getting a lot is to make a video on gaming earphones.
This is a question that I didn’t think would become so frequent, but now we have “gamers” who play on smartphones, and they want something for playing PUBG on mobile.
Now when it comes to “gaming” gear in general, gaming chairs have a different aesthetic compared to regular chairs, and gaming keyboards have the ability to set macros, gaming monitors generally have higher refresh rates, gaming CPUs have higher clock speeds.
But when it comes to headphones, the companies that make the best gaming headphones are brands like Sennheiser and Audio Technica.
Signature Acoustics Elements C12 Version 2.1 High Fidelity Wooden Earphones With Mic For Android/ios – With Enhanced Bass
- ★ HANDCRAFTED WOODEN CASING For A Pure & Natural Acoustic Experience. These wooden IEMs are inspired by Carbon, which is the dominant element in wood and one of the most abundant elements in the universe
- ★ POWERFUL, DISTORTION-FREE BASS. Pristine notes with astounding clarity and detail. Advanced Microphone for uninterrupted conversation. Version 2.1 features enhanced bass & treble.
- ★ DURABLE ANTI-TANGLE CABLES. New improved serpentine cables with a glossy surface to reduce friction and prevent entanglement. Specs: Impressive frequency range (20-20kHz). Impedance: 22Ω±15%. Sensitivity: 94±3dB ＆1KHz; 1mW; IEC318. Distortion: Max: 3% ＆ 1KHz
- ★100% STRESS-FREE LISTENING – Supersoft Eartips Provided in all 3 sizes (S,M,L). FREE Memory Foam tips provided with each earphone to enhance comfort and cancel out ambient noise. FREE genuine leather cable winder/key-ring
- ★1 YEAR ALL INDIA WARRANTY + 6 months FREE Extended Warranty upon Registration.
- High Definition Sound
- 8.2 mm Beryllium Driver delivers distortion-free bass
- Handcrafted maple wooden casing creates a pure & natural acoustic experience
- A state-of-the-art microphone with shirt-clip for hands-free calling
- Highly Durable Cables with a glossy finish to prevent entanglement
- Premium Jute Packaging
- Additional accessories such as silicon ear-tips in various sizes
- Memory foam ear-tips for a comfortable fit and better noise isolation
- Universal 3.5 mm Gold-plated jack
Unique Styling + Superior Comfort
- Premium wooden design stands out in a sea of plastic
- Every person’s ear canal has a different size. Hence, silicon ear-tips of 3 sizes (S,M,L) are included in the package
- One pair of memory foam ear-tips also provided. Memory enhances comfort and provides noise insulation
And the reason they’re able to make great gaming headphones is because they know how to make good headphones in general. But you generally can’t use regular headphones for gaming because they don’t have a mic.
But that isn’t the case with earphones that are made to work with phone, because they generally do have a microphone. So any earphone that has good sound stage, and a sound signature that isn’t recessed in the treble will be good for gaming.
This is because you’ll have a better sense of space if you have a good sound stage on an earphone, and a flat or V shaped sound signature will allow you to hear the gunshots and footsteps more easily.
Having good bass will also make the experience more enjoyable.
For gaming specific earphones, you will see brands advertising features like 7.1 surround sound, but I really don’t think that artificial digital signal processing is going to help a lot.
So any earphone that is ‘good’ in general will also be good for gaming.
More example of this are my HE-4XX, which are great for gaming even though they are not designed for it, and even my Adam T5V Studio monitors, which are also great for gaming because they are good speakers and give a nice sense of space and positioning of different sounds.
So if you’re looking for something affordable, the Focal Sense 100 SI are a good choice, and the Signature Acoustics C12 are also really great because they have a nice sound stage with nice and detailed treble frequencies.
Now these are all wired earphones, and we generally don’t find headphone jacks in the higher end phones these days, so you will need something wireless.
But even though technologies like AptX LL face challenges in their implementation. So AptX Low Latency has a latency of around 32ms which will be the best for gaming, but it’s almost impossible to get that to work with a typical smartphone and even AptX HD has a latency of 150ms, and the regular SBC codec will also be at a similar or worse latency.
A much better idea will be to just use wired earphones, even if you may have to use a dongle. And that is the time we’re living in, where companies have to exclude something as crucial as headphone jack just to seem more modern, and there are people who are stupid enough to support this trend.
Now I don’t think that you really need something that is more resolving for gaming, as these wooden earphones as detailed as I would consider necessary for gaming, but if you go for higher priced IEMs like these Audiosense AQ3, they will also be great, because they are good earphones in general.
But on the higher end you won’t get a microphone, unless you use a cable with mic, so just keep that in mind. Earbuds can also work well for gaming, but they are generally more mid centric, and you will require isolation from outside noise, and the ability to hear the minute details, so personally I would avoid them for gaming. So that is all the information I think you’ll need.
Of course I am not covering many earphones specifically because there are so many great
options, but with this video you should be able to make a decision if you check out the
individual reviews of those earphones.
So feel free to add to this discussion on audio gear for gaming by sharing your thoughts
Focal Sense 100SI in-Ear Earphone (White)
- Lightweight and comfortable
- 3-button remote control with omnidirectional microphone
- Flat cable, deep bass, jack connection
- Aluminium finish
- 3.5mm jack
- Textured mate finish full – metal components
- In-line microphone
- Please contact brand @ email@example.com or Call 1800 22 4451
The earphones come with an omnidirectional microphone. The multifunction remote control enables you to control all your devices connected to the In-Ear. It comes with a 3.5mm jack connector, an in line microphone and textured matte finish, full metal components.
The earphones come with an omnidirectional microphone. The multifunction remote control enables you to control all your devices connected to the In-Ear. It comes with a 3.5mm jack connector, an in line microphone and textured matte finish, full metal components.Best Earphone.
One gets better clarity of sound with the aluminum finish body. Focal provides great comfort along with the earphones being lig
High-quality silicone earbuds – 3 pairs – (S / M / L). Available in 3 different sizes to suit your fit. Makes hearing music more comfortable and perfect.
The premium carrying case protects your headphone while you carry it along with you.
Premium gift box is and added addition to the package. Makes gifting this to your loved ones more personalised.